Valet/ Shuttle Ambassador
Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Civic is social. Conveniently located next to the Surrey City Centre SkyTrain station, in the City Centre, the Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing metropolis. The Civic Hotel is here.
Reporting to the Guest Experience Manager, the Valet Ambassador will deliver a personable service setting the tone in creating a welcoming first and last impression for our guests.
- Provides prompt and courteous valet car parking services for guests.
- Provides transportation services to guests in hotel shuttle.
- Speaks using professional language and use proper telephone/radio etiquette at all times.
- Announces guest arrival via radio to alert front desk staff of incoming guest.
- May coordinate transportation for guests.
- Assists guests with luggage handling out of and into vehicles, and delivery per request.
- Assists hotel and patron of in-house restaurant with valet car requests.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Ensures Bell Carts are polished, presentable and in excellent condition at all times.
- Collaborates with the front desk team to ensure guest arrival and departure is executed seamlessly.
- Handles and collaborates with the rest of the hotel team to ensure guest requests are anticipated by using an electronic tool/ device to communicate with other departments as needed.
- Processes parking fees as required.
- Alert and aware of lobby movement to ensure utmost safety of guests and colleagues by reporting to Security, Fire & Life Safety office for witnessed suspicious activities.
- Ensures the lobby and all public areas most especially the entry glass doors and windows are clean, tidy and well maintained. Otherwise, must act upon to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- Runs guest requests in a timely manner and in accordance to standards.
- Reports any accidents, injuries, unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Is able to work well with others to maintain positive working relationships.
- Must be actively involved in hotel initiatives to drive guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to identify and explain room features to guests; supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation, and local areas of interest.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
Minimum 1 year of previous experience at the same capacity of a boutique or luxury hotel setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of valet policies and procedures.
- Must be able to comfortably drive a 12-passenger commercial van.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull carts and equipment weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Must be able to drive manual and automatic vehicles, and holds a Class 4 driving license.
- Must have a flexible schedule and available to do early start, late night or overnight shift coverage if required.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!Apply Now