Civic Hotel, Autograph
Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours
with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with
premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel
to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a
great city centre.
Civic is social. Conveniently located
next to the Surrey City Centre SkyTrain station, in the City Centre, the Civic Hotel is an iconic
centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing metropolis. The Civic Hotel is
Reporting to the Manager, Security, Fire and Life Safety,
this role will be responsible for the safety and security of staff, guests,
property and equipment at 3 Civic Plaza / Civic Hotel – Autograph Collection.
- Provide excellent service to guests, residents, employees and the
- Maintain safety and protect the facility and
property from any real or perceived threats.
- Suggest, create and implement policy/procedures
- General security auditing duties (access keys,
cards and cctv system).
- Proactively patrol and monitor the property to
prevent fire, theft, and vandalism.
- Monitor all access points and provide access as
- Assist the public, contractors and others in
accessing the facility.
- Conduct routine visual inspections of the
building (maintenance issues, repairs,
- Respond to all building/hotel emergencies,
including guest and facility related emergencies.
- Assist with the emergency procedures, including
fire alarms, evacuation or lockdown.
- Complete Incident Reports and Administrative
duties as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Valid BC Security Worker License.
- Occupational First Aid Level 2.
- Strong administrative and policy/procedure
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory
role in the Hotel, Residential or customer service industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Mentally and physically able to deal with
- Physically able to withstand extensive periods
of walking, sitting, and standing.
- Ability to work day, afternoon and overnight
shifts as required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal
supervision as well as lead a team.
- Intermediate knowledge of CCTV and access
- Excellent Service attitude, Communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Fluent in English with additional language(s) an
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits,
including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training &
development, career advancement opportunities and more!