Junior Sous Chef
Reporting to Corporate Executive Chef and Sous Chef, Catering, this
role is responsible and accountable for the food operations of the hotel
kitchen including inventory, menu planning, scheduling, training and
supervision of all food preparation
- Ensures food preparations and service standards are consistently
achieved and maintained.
- Ensures all kitchen Ambassadors are adequately trained and
provides the resources where needed.
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained at all times.
- Conducts regular departmental meetings in absence of Sous Chef,
- Lives and exemplifies Civic values of leadership, teamwork,
integrity and creativity.
- To assist Sous Chef, Catering in monthly labor and food cost.
- Ensures adherence to food safety regulations, hygiene and
cleanliness as per provincial and local standards.
- Performs monthly inventory in a timely manner with price
- Ensures the smooth operations of the kitchen and all facets of
the kitchen operations, reporting repair needs the facility manager.
- Prepare required menu item as per BEO. Accountable and responsible
for labor scheduling based on business levels.
- Menu development, costing and implementation in coordination
with catering manager.
- Monitor and develops the complimentary breakfast program
ensuring freshness and variety of products.
- Ensure appropriate levels of inventory and its utilization and
- Ensure the preparation of daily staff meals, room amenities, and
sales promotional items.
- Ensures that fire plan knowledge and WHMIS training is kept up
- Complies with WCB rules and regulations and maintains awareness
of any/all other relevant laws and statues.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Corporate
Executive Chef and Sous Chef, Catering.
Education & Experience
High school diploma required; Red seal certificate, food safe –
level 1 and minimum three years strong supervisory experience in a hotel
Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Superior communication skills including the ability to retain,
coach, mentor and develop staff .
- Ability to work with others in a fast paced customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the
ability to multi – task and coordinate multiple functions and activities.
Ability to effectively use business software including Microsoft office suite,
Google apps, Hotel sales pro or familiar with catering software systems.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of employment standards
specifically in areas of scheduling and ambassador discipline.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as business dictates.
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including
competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training &
development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Please submit your resume and cover letter
today by visiting us at https://www.civichotel.ca/careers