Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry,
culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in
concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the
first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and
next, the icon of a great city centre.
to the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Supervisor will assist in the
day to day function of all areas within the Housekeeping Department – Room
Attendants, House persons, Laundry Attendants.
by example and supervises daily operations of the
Housekeeping Department; assists within any areas that need extra help
to complete tasks; while consistently maintaining high level of cleanliness and
or assists with guest comments,
concerns and requests in a timely and professional manner, ensuring guest needs are met.
- Helps achieve departmental
goals and contributes ideas for best results,
building relationships with co-workers by providing motivational leadership.
- Work together with the Front
Office to ensure pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for guest arrival.
- Works in conjunction with all departments of the hotel.
- Ensures the lobby, back of house,
guest rooms and all public areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Attends various Housekeeping
meetings and hotel functions as required.
- Is able to work in other areas within the
Housekeeping Department covering as needed.
- Performs all assigned duties
and tasks in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established
company policies and procedures.
- Understands and strictly
adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and
the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all
irregularities, potential and real hazards
are identified and reported immediately.
- Reports for duty punctually
wearing complete uniform at all times.
- Performs any other duties as
assigned by management.
Education & Experience
A minimum 2 years of previous supervisory or management
experience in the Housekeeping Department of a boutique or luxury hotel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Ability in computer applications such as but not limited to MS
Office, Google applications, etc.
- An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
- Proficiency in Opera is an asset.
to use communication devices.
- Must have a flexible schedule.