Commis Two – Civic Hotel
Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry, culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and next, the icon of a great city centre.
Civic is social. Conveniently located next to the Surrey City Centre SkyTrain station, in the City Centre, the Civic Hotel is an iconic centrepiece that forms the hub of this growing metropolis. The Civic Hotel is here.
We are building our team and we want you!
LOOKING FOR FULL TIME AND PART TIME POSITIONS TO FILL
The role of Cook reports directly to the Sous Chef and Executive Catering Chef. This role cooks and prepares a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stock, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to kitchen protocol and standards.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Civic kitchen recipes and assembly manuals and charts.
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure hygiene by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- Level 1 Food safe
- Minimum 1 year in a professional kitchen.
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for fresh ingredients and producing great food every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as business dictates
Civic Hotel offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!Apply Now