Commis Chef 3 (Casual on-call) – Civic Hotel
Hotel, Autograph Collection®, is a bold landmark that merges BC’s artistry,
culture and flavours with the spirit of entrepreneurial discovery. Bold in
concept and loaded with premium amenities and services, the Civic Hotel is the
first world-class hotel to be built in Surrey in more than two decades.
The Civic Hotel proudly stands at the intersection of now and
next, the icon of a great city centre.
The role of Commi 3 reports directly to the Sous Chef and
Corporate Executive Chef. This role cooks and prepares a variety of food
products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stock, breads
and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to
kitchen protocol and standards.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely
manner in accordance with Civic kitchen recipes and assembly manuals and
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to
indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all
times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and
following his/her shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance
of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food
preparation and service.
- Ensure hygiene by maintaining high
levels of cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Work according
to the instructions of Sous Chef and Corporate Executive Chef.
- Maintain a positive attitude that
promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
other duties as assigned and directed by Sous Chef and Corporate Executive
Education & Experience
1 Food safe
1 year in a professional kitchen.
be eligible to work in the Canada.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for fresh ingredients and producing
great food every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal
skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
including opening, closing, weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Must work well within a kitchen team
- Must be able to work with minimal
supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
be able to lift 50 pounds.
be able to work morning, evening and weekend shifts as business dictates.