Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Assistant
Housekeeping Manager will assist in the day to day function of all areas within
the Housekeeping Department – Room Attendants, House persons, Laundry
Attendants and Receiving. The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will be in charge
of the Housekeeping Department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
- Leads by example and supervises daily operations of
the Housekeeping Department; assists within any areas that need extra help to complete
tasks; while consistently maintaining high
level of cleanliness and guest service.
- Handles or assists with guest comments, concerns and
requests in a timely and professional
manner, ensuring guest needs are met.
- Helps achieve departmental goals and contributes ideas
for best results, building relationships with co-workers by providing
motivational leadership and guidance.
- Work together with the Front Office to ensure
pre-arrival requirements are met in preparation for guest arrival.
- Works in conjunction with all departments of the hotel.
- Walking the public areas such as the lobby, back of
house, fitness room, etc, to ensure these
areas are clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Inspects guest rooms prior to guest arrival.
- Attends various Housekeeping meetings and hotel functions as required.
- Is able to work in other areas within the Housekeeping Department
covering as needed.
- Performs all assigned duties and tasks in a timely and
efficient manner in accordance with
established company policies and procedures.
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules &
Regulations established in the Employees
Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all irregularities, potential and real hazards are
identified and reported immediately.
- Reports for duty punctually wearing complete uniform at all times.
- Administrative duties.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
A minimum 2 years of previous supervisory or management
experience in the Housekeeping Department of a boutique or luxury hotel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping policies and
- Ability in computer applications such as but not limited
to MS Office, Google applications, etc.
- An eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection
- Proficiency in Opera is an asset.
- Must have a flexible schedule.